Re: [Hampshire] Useful utility - regionset

Author: James Courtier-Dutton
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Useful utility - regionset
On 7 February 2010 21:05, Stephen Rowles <stephen@???> wrote:

> Yeah, I know there are only 4 resets available.. but seeing as I was
> unable to watch the dvd at all, and I only own region 2 dvd's, it seemed
> like a good idea to me :).

Try to find RPC1 firmware for your DVD-ROM. This will make it region free.
I wrote some of the DVD playing features of xine. (The menus bit).
There are some cases of being able to play DVDs in RPC2 (regionset)
DVD-ROMs in a way that is then region free, but this only works before
the DVD-ROM has it region set.
A lot of DVD-ROMs sold now days are region free anyway.

Kind Regards

James