Re: [Hampshire] Recurrent Hardware Problem

Author: john
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Recurrent Hardware Problem
Hi Chris,

I have seen this sort of thing before.

Remove all cards that are in pci, aga slots ect.

Remove all leads to switches ect.

Remove motherboard and place on newspaper.

Connect switch connector.

Switch on and see what happens.

The replace components one item at a time.

If may be a card drawing more current than the board can cope with, or damaged
track on motherboard.

It has been known for assembly technicians to have accidentally damaged
motherboards and hope that no one would notice when the computer is built.

John Eayrs