[Hampshire] [OT] voice distorters

Author: Lisi
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] [OT] voice distorters
This has suddenly become urgent, so I am asking for help at an earlier stage
than I intended. :-( And you lot seem to know everything about everything.

I need to try and get a voice distorter to lower the pitch of my voice. And I
need to get it in the next ten days. Moreover, I was only thinking of units
or tens of pounds, not hundreds.

If anyone knows of a "joke" one that would do that, without sounding too
silly, that would be great. But googling only offers joke ones, with a
written description of what the sound is like, which is not really indicative
enough; professional ones, which are far too expensive; or one ideal one
(can change female voice to a male voice), but it is available for
Nokia 'phones only.

All/any suggestions very gratefully received.

Lisi