Re: [Hampshire] stuart biggs added you as a business connect…

Author: LinuxLearner
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] stuart biggs added you as a business connection on Plaxo
Keith Edmunds wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 15:13:48 +0000, brad@??? said:
>
>> It's not a Windows issue (much as it pains me to say it).
>
> Oh! Thanks for the clarification.
>
>> Plaxo, Twitter, Facebook, Bebo etc. have an option that allows them to
>> contract addresses that you have stored with an invite to join. They
>> then ask for your Google, Yahoo, etc. passwords and send an invite to
>> any and all address contained therein.

Which in my view is most probably a breach of Data Protection Act
provisions. e.g. I get regular 'invites' from Facebook, though I have
never given Facebook consent to email me (nor ever given anyone I know
consent to give Facebook my email). This infuriates me, no end: it's
SPAM, plain and simple, which *big* business gets away with.

Best,

LL