[Hampshire] Some more dumb journalism?

Author: Stephen Davies
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Some more dumb journalism?
If you go here
http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/10-scripts-to-create-your-own-linux-distribution-665247

the second command is for 'UCK'.

AAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH

Why couldn't they use what little brain cells they have left and call it

10-scripts-to-create-your-own-Ubuntu-based-distro

Oh silly me.
For journo's, Ubuntu ======= Linux.

Sorry for that but I've spent the last 3hrs fixing a Ubuntu system that
had for some reason its root filesystem 110% full.
Yeah, I know that I should have booted the DVD but it wouldn't boot. My
removable one was 20+ miles away so I had to try to get something
bootable on a USB stick. You know that dent you have on the wall next to
your desk? Well the one at this clients is an awful lot bigger. And no,
they didn't keep their backups up to date, and no they wouldn't let me
take the system off site and finally, it had to be fixed by 11:00pm
tonight as their US operation would automatically FTP a whole bunch of
files over. That was the cause of the problem. 18+Months of daily FTP
operations and no one did a purge!

End Rant.

Steve D
PS, It was fixed but I've got to go back tomorrow to explain to their MD
that their IT guys should be fired.