Re: [Hampshire] Packaging help needed

Author: Jacqui Caren-home
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Packaging help needed
Sean Gibbins wrote:
> Stephen Pelc wrote:
>> You can only improve something by acknowledging what's wrong
>> with it.
>
> When dealing with free, open source software coded largely by volunteers
> you can take it a stage further - you can get involved and fix it.

Sorry but this is where it gets "flame warish". He has a binary release
product and has a number of targets to release to and is sick of the
amount of manual work involved.

Stephen,
        I have been involved in release managemnet for longer than I care to
admit. Although I am by no way a packaging expert I would be happy to discuss
how I would approach automating the release process as I will probably be responsible
for doing something similar in the near future.

Jacqui