Re: [Hampshire] Motorola Milestone (Was:[OT]ish ipod softwa…

Author: lists
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Motorola Milestone (Was:[OT]ish ipod software)
On Thu, 2010-01-14 at 14:33 +0000, Charlie de Courcy wrote:
> Andy Ransom said the following on 01/14/2010 02:20 PM:
> > On Thu, 14 Jan 2010, lists wrote:
> >

> >> So you've paid ?400 for a mobile phone? With respect were you born a
> >> Charlie? If you've got that much money to throw around on a toy - you
> >> really don't need the money you have.
> >>
> > From somebody who only last month asked another list poster to "be a bit
> > more polite" I feel that is a remarkably rude and inappropriate comment.
> >
> > I'd like to remind everyone to consider how others will view their posts
> > before they hit send.
> >

> >           Andy

> C'est la vie - am thick skinned.
> Once upon a time we celebrated each other's life choices, what anyone
> wants to spend on anything is nobody's business but their own. ;)
>
> Charlie

Unless, of course, they make it part of a public discussion. Of course
you are entirely free to spend a little shy of £50 per month for the
next 18 months {does that not run to around £900} for a mobile telephone
which kind of acts like a retarded computer - but you have to respect my
right to pms laughing at you for doing it.

With regards to Andy's point and my previous post regarding rudeness,
allow me to clarify that in no uncertain terms. I complained about one
of those usual asshole type 'RTFM' responses typical of Lintards who are
too big for their boots and stuck up their own backsides. This kind of
response usual means 'I don't know the answer but I'll try to be a witty
tard'.

This kind of response results in decent people being turned off by Linux
- and *VERY* turned off to factional little groups like this.

I'm sure certain chimps will now jump up and down and focus on this and
I'm glad they will have the pointless time to kill (possibly from their
£900 phones) following it up....