Re: [Hampshire] 4GB on AMD64

Author: Samuel Penn
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] 4GB on AMD64
On Sunday 03 January 2010 17:10:08 Hugo Mills wrote:
>    The next thing is: is your BIOS capable of running with a memory
> hole at the 3GiB mark? If so, enable that.

That seems to be the issue - I can't see any options which look
like they do this. I also noted that grub reports 3GB available
when the machine boots - not sure if this is useful or not.

I've seen some hints that there might be a BIOS upgrade available
for the mb which provides this option (Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe), however
I'm trying to locate concrete info on this.

Sam.