Re: [Hampshire] NAS devices and MTU

Author: John Cooper
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] NAS devices and MTU
On 31/12/09 21:33, Lisi wrote:
> On Thursday 31 December 2009 16:52:15 lists wrote:
>>>
>>> No, I wasn't. I think if someone makes a claim such as was made, it's not
>>> unreasonable to ask them for some evidence.

>>> Many times, which is why I preceded the "cite a source" request with "If
>>> you really mean that..." as I suspected that someone - possibly me - had
>>> misunderstood.
>>
>> Could you not just be a bit more polite and say 'Did I misunderstand?'
>> The reason I mention it is simple. When I started out with Linux I made
>> lots of mistakes. I still do. I don't mind that, I'm human. It's a real
>> turn off when you come up against those that throw the short, curt and
>> plain bloody minded and rude answers down.
>>
>> Ironically most people don't think 'wow, he's clever, he made that guy
>> look a fool', the tend to think 'WHAT AN ASSHAT'. Happy New Year Keith.
>> Don't disappear up yourself, will you ;-)
>
> Keith is one of the least aggressive people I know, and is always extremely
> polite and helpful.
>
> You, on the other hand, are being both agressive and rude.
>
> Lisi

I don't think he (I assume) was being aggressive or rude. He was making
a valid point. I read Keith's post and thought exactly the same. If you
are unsure and are questioning some one's post, say that. Don't just
state "cite a source". It reads as "rubbish, where is your proof?".

Discover Linux - Open Source Solutions to Business and Schools
http://discoverlinux.co.uk