Re: [Hampshire] NAS devices and MTU

Author: lists
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] NAS devices and MTU
On Thu, 2009-12-31 at 16:39 +0000, Keith Edmunds wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 15:57:49 +0000, lists@??? said:
>
> > Are you
> > aware that 'cite a source' comes across as arrogant aggressive?
>
> No, I wasn't. I think if someone makes a claim such as was made, it's not
> unreasonable to ask them for some evidence.
>
> > It's not
> > at all helpful and I'm sure at some point in your life Keith, you've
> > been confused or mistaken?
>
> Many times, which is why I preceded the "cite a source" request with "If
> you really mean that..." as I suspected that someone - possibly me - had
> misunderstood.

Could you not just be a bit more polite and say 'Did I misunderstand?'
The reason I mention it is simple. When I started out with Linux I made
lots of mistakes. I still do. I don't mind that, I'm human. It's a real
turn off when you come up against those that throw the short, curt and
plain bloody minded and rude answers down.

Ironically most people don't think 'wow, he's clever, he made that guy
look a fool', the tend to think 'WHAT AN ASSHAT'. Happy New Year Keith.
Don't disappear up yourself, will you ;-)