Re: [Hampshire] Tactical Nuclear Penguin

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: stephen.davies, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Tactical Nuclear Penguin
Stephen Davies wrote:
> The ultimate pressy for the ultimate linux geek?
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/north_east/8380412.stm

<quote>However Jack Law, of Alcohol Focus Scotland, described it was a
"cynical marketing ploy" and said: "We want to know why a brewer would
produce a beer almost as strong as whisky."</quote>

What a ridiculous quote! I wonder if he questioned why distilleries
would want to produce a spirit as strong as whiskey? It's not as if
you're going to buy a bottle of this stuff by mistake at £32 a bottle is
it? It'd be an entirely different matter if it was 99p a tin, granted.

And a cynical marketing ploy indeed - fancy a commercial concern trying
to sell their wares!

I liked the Zappa reference in the article though.

Sean

--
www.funkygibbins.me.uk