Re: [Hampshire] Connect linux netbook to Mac server

Author: Srijon Biswas
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Connect linux netbook to Mac server
Hi.

I _might_ be missing the point, in which case, I am sure someone will say
something :) ...

Can't you just share the relevant folder on the OSX ( i believe thats a
point and click operation, atleast on my iMac with 10.5 ), and then any
other machine should be able to see that?

Windows machines would see that as a windows share, and you can use samba
(or I think even as a point and click op on the UI for Ubuntu, with correct
packages installed) on your netbook.

Alternatively, and this is probably not something you want to try without
thinking it through: you can use macports, install whatever service (sshd?)
you want to run on the OSX side, and access that on your netbook.

PS: I have an iMac with 10.5 and I _think_ I have tried the folder sharing
and access on Linux before (but was some time ago... so can't tell if I had
to go through hoops for that or it was a straightforward thing.)

Hope that helps.
Srijon.

--
www.line-42.com