Re: [Hampshire] GIMP dropped from Ubuntu 10.04

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] GIMP dropped from Ubuntu 10.04
On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 15:08:02 -0500 (EST)
Andy Random <andy.random@???> wrote:

> But on a more serious note 90% of my photo manipulation is cropping,
> resizing or rotating and I've never really got on with gimp so a
> simpler tool which allows me to do that gets my vote as well.

I haven't needed to use anything more modern than imagemagic for those
tasks, I have used The Gimp for more fancy stuff, like removing
unwanted parts of an image. Since I haven't been brainwashed by
using photowhatever I don't find the interface at all awkward, but
then I have never subscribed to the view that all apps should have
an identical interface with the user. I disliked the Mac G3 I had
for awhile for that reason.

--
John Lewis
using Debian sid