Re: [Hampshire] Weird output from 'top'

Author: Adrian Bridgett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Weird output from 'top'
On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 17:51:39 +0000 (+0000), Chris. Aubrey-Smith wrote:
[snip]
> Yes, it is dual-core. I know about top <1> for per-core stats, but I thought
> I read somewhere that the '%CPU' per-process column was an amalgamation of
> the two - can't find the reference now, of course!

It's not a standard across all the Unixes I believe so you may have
seen it on another (AIX/Solaris/HPUX are the main three I've worked
with - I'd pick AIX as the one most likely to as a "total CPU %").

Adrian
--
bitcube.co.uk - Linux infrastructure consultancy
Puppet, Debian, Red Hat, Ubuntu, CentOS, ...