Re: [Hampshire] cron riddle

Author: Chris Dennis
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] cron riddle
Peter Salisbury wrote:

> Use anacron? From the man page:
>
> Anacron can be used to execute commands periodically, with a frequency
> specified in days. Unlike cron(8), it does not assume that the machine
> is running continuously. Hence, it can be used on machines that aren't
> running 24 hours a day..
>
> HTH, Peter

Thanks for that. What I didn't mention before is that the machine IS
running full-time, but the external USB drive that rsnapshot backs up to
gets taken away at the weekends. So I always want to run it on a weekday.

If the "second Friday of the month" option is the best available, should
rsnapshot run a cycle of 4 weekly backups or 5?

cheers

Chris
--
Chris Dennis                                  cgdennis@???