Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Law of unintended consequences

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Law of unintended consequences
Peter Salisbury wrote:
> Sometimes it's better NOT to plaster your brand advertising over
> everything! Here's a recent email I received:
> Hi,
>
> If you got an email from me yesterday where the subject was my name
> with a little smiley face next to it don't trust it. Don't open it
> just delete it, it's spam and it'll email itself to everyone in your
> inbox.
>
> Emma
>
> New Windows 7: Find the right PC for you.

> ATB, Peter

The only problem I have with this is that if I /had/ received an email
from Emma yesterday, it's unlikely I'd be opening it after the one I
received today. Indeed, if it was delivering some evil virus I think I'd
be saying, "Doh!" around about the time I got to the end of the email above!

Sean

--
www.funkygibbins.me.uk