[Hampshire] BBC iPlayer Broken With Karmic

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] BBC iPlayer Broken With Karmic
This morning I was puzzled to find that I cannot start video content on
the BBC (i.e. news reports, iPlayer programmes, etc.), presumably since
installing Karmic Koala RC AMD64.

I've double-checked this on my daughter's laptop by tring various pieces
of content using Jaunty 64-bit (all successful), and then firing up the
Live CD for Karmic on the same machine, installing Flash and then trying
again (all failed).

In the case of the failures the symptoms are the same as those I see on
my desktop machine (Karmic Koala AMD64): the content appears to load but
the 'Click to Play' on-screen device and play button does not work.

I'm reasonably sure that all the correct codecs are installed and am a
bit lost as to where to go from here, apart from back to Jaunty, that
is! ;-)

Sean

--
www.funkygibbins.me.uk