Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Webcams

Author: Dee Earley
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Webcams
On 08/10/2009 22:54, Leo wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a (web)cam that can be used outside 24 hours a day,
> works over a wireless network, works in the day and at night, and could
> be powered from something like a car battery? I'm guessing it will
> probably also need some kind of wireless booster as it will be some way
> out in the garden, away from the access point.

You also want the holy grail.

24/7 use will require some hefty batteries and daily recharge,
especially if you want to power illuminators for night time use.
Wireless and PTZ would also add more load to the batteries.

Simpy put, you will have to run some form of cable to the camera, either
power and wireless or POE, but you;re still looking at a few hundred pound

What is the camera going to be used for?

I work for a CCTV company and what you ask for is certainly possible but
the 3 people that have asked (seriously) about it were put off by the price.
<plug>
We do have a large range of the (quality) cameras available at:
http://www.icode.co.uk/icatcher/cctvshop/cctv-cameras-c-3.html
Don't be fooled by the cheap Planet, Linksys, D-Link, etc cameras, you
really do get what you pay for.
</plug>

--
Dee Earley (dee@???)