Re: [Hampshire] Hosted blogs - short term

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Hosted blogs - short term

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x56e8e100.hantslug.org.uk.26919': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sat Oct 17 21:56:21 2009 BST
gpg: using DSA key 20ACB3BE515C238D
On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 09:35:08PM +0100, Chris Aitken wrote:
> It's been a while since I put my head above the parapet and asked for some
> assistance.

    I'll get out the trebuchet...

> My wife is coming towards the end of her Food Technology PGCE. For one year
> group next week she is covering Vegetarianism and each pupil is to blog as
> if they were a vegetarian - pros, cons, relevant links etc. During the
> following practical they would take photos and short videos of what they
> have done and upload to the blog. Each pupil will submit the blog as their
> homework.
>
> Does anyone here host a blog service, and could anyone spare some capacity
> for a month for around 20 small blogs? Once the work has been marked (and
> printed for archive) it can be binned.
>
> She has looked around t'interweb and what she has seen is not suitable - e.g
> she wants to issue each pupil with a username/password that is not linked to
> an email account, alter the colours & fonts & have a single administrative
> access point. First session is scheduled for this coming week, though it may
> slip to after half-term (w/c 2nd Nov).
>
> If anyone can help please contact me off list with details.

I run a number of sites using Drupal. With Drupal's multisite
capabilities, it would be pretty simple to set up an additional site
with users, blogs, and a site admin account for your wife --
everything accessible through the web. If you don't get a better
offer, I can at least do that much (provided the ongoing admin
workload for me isn't high).

Hugo.

   --- Hail and greetings.  We are a flat-pack invasion force from ---
                     Planet Ikea. We come in pieces.