Re: [Hampshire] Xorg is hungry today...

Author: Dr A. J. Trickett
To: Stuart Sears
CC: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Xorg is hungry today...
On Tuesday 06 Oct 2009, Stuart Sears wrote:
> On 06/10/09 13:25, Dr A. J. Trickett wrote:
> >>
> >> http://hants.lug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?CommandLineEquivalents
> >>
> >> Your starter for 10.
> >
> > Excellent!
>
> It's a good start but there are some essential differences/concepts that
> are hard to express in table format.
>
> One of which is the difference between
> rpm -q vim and
> rpm-qp vim-7.0-2-1.i686.rpm*
>
> Plus a lot of yum stuff that isn't there (yet!)

That's why it's good to have someone who knows "X" add the corresponding
stuff.

> So, who do I have to sleep with** to get access to update that page?
> I created a new user (Lanky), but appreciate that as anyone can do this,
> I'd need to be 'unblocked', as it were.

No one in theory, but the anti-spam can get a bit annoying...

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair
weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain.
    --  Robert Frost