[Hampshire] Can't access public IP address from inside LAN

Author: Mark Johnson
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Can't access public IP address from inside LAN
Hi all,

I've set up appropriate port fowarding and firewall rules to allow access to
web and SSH over the net, and from machines outside my LAN, it works fine.
From machines inside my LAN, I can access the services using the private IP
address. However, if I try to access them via the public IP address (or domain
name), I dont get a response an the connection times out.

Can anyone suggest what I may be doing wrong? If it helps, my firewall/router
is a Netgear DG834G supplied by the ISP.

Thanks
Mark