Re: [Hampshire] Wired alternative to CurrentCost Meter?

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Wired alternative to CurrentCost Meter?

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57d8a100.hantslug.org.uk.20263': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Thu Sep 17 20:40:48 2009 BST
gpg: using DSA key 2099B64CBF15490B
Hello,

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 07:27:07PM +0200, Roger Munford wrote:
> Is there a wired alternative to the CurrentCost meter?. I am discouraged
> from introducing wireless into the house but would like to join in the fun.

That sounds like it'd involve scary electrical work.

Sorry I can't answer your question, I just have one of my own:

I was sad to have not been able to attend the LUG meet. Was the
accuracy of the clamp meter discussed at all? My understanding is
that clamp meters aren't as accurate as in-line meters because the
reading varies with the orientation of the phases or something?

I can't find much about it except:

        http://currentcost.wetpaint.com/thread/1966794/CurrentCost+accuracy

which doesn't sound too promising..

Cheers,
Andy

"I am the permanent milk monitor of all hobbies!" -- Simon Quinlank