Re: [Hampshire] Kernel compilation

Author: Graeme Hilton
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Kernel compilation
2009/9/17 Hugo Mills <hugo@???>:
> On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 02:52:16PM +0000, Andy Smith wrote:
>> I reckon it'll be down to new kernel not supporting finding its root
>> fs by LABEL.  Try UUID or direct device name in menu.lst.  May want
>> to add a static stanza that is just a copy, so you have an option to
>
>   You can do a one-off test by using grub's built-in editor to change
> the "kernel" line without changing your menu.lst to a potentially
> non-functional state.

I changed the 2.6.27 line to "root=/dev/sda1" which seemed to make no
difference.

I've put a fairly poor shot of the remainder of the boot screen on
flickr [1]. Most of what you can see isn't passed out by the serial
console, so it's not in the file I sent earlier.

Maybe there's a further hint in there. I notice the "Trying to
resume" line and it can't find that partition either.

--
Graeme Hilton

[1] http://www.flickr.com/photos/31252253@N08/3929197742/