Re: [Hampshire] What a load of old cobblers!

Author: Jacqui Caren
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] What a load of old cobblers!
Dr A. J. Trickett wrote:
> Like most British journalism it's shallow and worthless, why
> bother working when you waffle and no one will notice or care...!
>
> and yes I am bitter and cynical but that does not make me
> wrong...!

I agree - some of the BBC backend folks seem to be very "FLOSS" but the
journos (well newsreaders) have no idea what they are spouting!

The BBC is like the old PC-* mags - is the advertisers pocket - but instead of
visible advertisers pulling the strings, the BBC have a number of Microsoft managers
(supposedly ex-MS staff, but the word "secondment" has been muttered) instead.
IMHO the chance of unbiased technology news/articles is almost zero.

The BBC has the same issue with "music piracy". I understand a number of the governors
and heads of department have ties to the music industry - which explains the rather
ineffective and biased reporting of internet music - such as the sony rootkit
"storm in a teacup" nightmare.

Anyone posted this to one of the "slashdot" sites such as the register?