[Hampshire] [ADMIN] September Meeting reminder

Top Page
Author: Hants LUG Chairman
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC: Anton Piatek
Subject: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] September Meeting reminder

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57efe100.hantslug.org.uk.28177': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Mon Sep 7 21:42:25 2009 BST
gpg: using DSA key 019AD0D8166C4BF0
Hi,

Here is your "nearly one week warning" our next meeting, on Saturday 12
September 2009.

We have been INVITED to IBM Huesley near Winchester, that is to say we didn't
ask, they offered, so please help make this a good meeting.

GETTING THERE

You can take the train to Winchester then a bus to the IBM site if you are
using public transport, by car it's on the A3090 between Winchester and
Romsey. Details are on the LUG wiki site and the IBM Husley web page. If you
are driving please consider sharing your car with someone if you can.

GETTING IN

The meeting will take place outside of office hours and at a corporate site,
therefore you will need to send your name to our host Anton in good time
(before end of business Friday is a good idea). The front door is only open
between 10:00 and 10:45 so if you arrive after this call please Anton when you
arrive so someone can let you in. More details on the Wiki.

Anton's email address is: anton <DOT> piatek <AT> uk <DOT> ibm <DOT> com
(please edit as appropriate). His phone number is: 07900 951 627.

TALKS

So far we have several talks offered:

* Anatomy of a Debian package (30 min?) - Anton Piatek
* Info Slicer (10 min) - Laura Cowen
* The House That Twitters (1hr) - Andy Stanford-Clark
* Podcasting for fun and... erm... fun (30 min) - Tony Whitmore
* Book Reviewing (? min) - Adam Trickett

I've been chasing people so it's possible there will be more talks..!

BOOKS FOR REVIEW

I have a huge stack of books from Apress. I plan to distribute them for
reviewing as part of my talk (see above). I've contacted some people directly
already for some reviews but I WILL have extras that need reviewing.

LINKS

http://www.hants.lug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?HursleyLabs
http://www-05.ibm.com/uk/locations/hursley.html
http://www.hants.lug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?BookReviews