[Hampshire] compiz settings ... where has 'move window' gone…

Author: Victor Churchill
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] compiz settings ... where has 'move window' gone?
Oh dear. I have been having serious memory issues and thought I would
try to reduce the compiz loading on my machine by turning off some
unwanted features. And I committed the cardinal sin of trying a few
too many tweaks at once... And then finding myself stuck on one of my
virtual desktops and being unable to get to the others, and also
unable to pick up and move a window by clicking on the title bar.

Well I managed to bet my multiple desktops back eventually by trial
and error within the Compiz settings ('Desktop Wall', huh? Not exactly
intuitive... I thought that was something else) but I can't yet find
out how to get back the very basic ability to drag a window using the
mouse button. I can alt-tab between windows, and resize windows, but
move them ... no.

Can someone please tell me what to do here? I did find
http://www.surlyjake.com/linux/compiz-desktop-in-debian-squeeze/ which
says go to Compiz settings and enable “Move Window”, but unfortunately
I do not have one of those!

(Sorry, this is still Intrepid 8.10 here)

thanks...