Re: [Hampshire] Jabber Servers

Top Page
Author: Benjamin M. A'Lee
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Jabber Servers

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x56af0100.hantslug.org.uk.2066': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Thu Sep 3 16:09:40 2009 BST
gpg: using RSA key ABAE113A166891C7
On Thu, Sep 03, 2009 at 03:02:59PM +0100, Stephen Nelson-Smith wrote:
> Have any of you set up a jabber service before? I've done a brief
> spike using openfire - has anyone any experiences with other servers?
> Any recommendations?

I use ejabberd; on Debian, at least, it works out of the box. I’ve not
tried to do anything complicated with it, though, so I don’t know how it
would compare if you want more than just the basics.

--
Benjamin M. A’Lee || mail: bma@???
web: http://bma.subvert.org.uk/ || gpg: 0x166891C7