[Hampshire] Twitter Bot

Author: Daniel Pope
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Twitter Bot
I've added a Twitter bot at http://twitter.com/HantsLUG which retweets
HantsLUG members.

As I mentioned on the IRC channel, this was inspired by the forthcoming
Retweet API announced by Twitter last week. If this materialise as it
has been described, the HantsLUG feed will "pull in" tweets from members
rather than copying them. At the moment it's using classical retweets,
offering not much benefit apart from collecting member's Twitter
accounts in one place.

With the new API making a clear distinction between retweets and
original tweets, the committee would also be able to use the account to
post announcements.

Does anyone else have a Twitter account and want to be included in the
HantsLUG feed?

Also, I tried to add a link to the HantsLUG feed to the wiki but it's
not saving or letting me preview my edits.

Dan