[Hampshire] Citrix Xen

Author: James Courtier-Dutton
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Citrix Xen
Hi,

I have a problem with using Citrix Xen.
The user opens firefox and selects the citrix server to link to.
This gives the user a web based login prompt for username, password, domain.
Once entered, the user then sees their Windows XP desktop. The Citrix
is in passthrough mode, so the user does not have to type their
password in again and they are automatically logged in using the
username, password, domain they entered at the web screen.
The problem is:
When they select start->logout and logout in the normal way, they
return to a web page that says something along the lines of
Click "reconnect" to reconnect, Click "logout" to logout.
So, to truly log out, the user has to click "logout".
So, the problem is that although the user has "single signon", they
still have double "signoff".
Is there any way to force the web interface to return to the web based
login screen instead of the "reconnect or logout" web based screen?

Oh, if you are wondering why I post this to a Linux group, it is
because the user's machines are Linux desktops in kiosk mode, and I am
responsible for the Linux bit.

Kind Regards

James