Re: [Hampshire] Anyone got any 'SeaShell' drive packing?

Author: Andy Random
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Anyone got any 'SeaShell' drive packing?

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009, Alan Pope wrote:

> I have had a couple of drives fail recently and need to RMA them back
> to Seagate. They insist [0] that all disks returned are packed first
> in those transparent plastic seashell/clamshell things.

Interesting, I've returned a dozen drives to Seagate this year and none of
them have been returned in anything other than an anti-static bag and
bubble wrap.

> Don't suppose anyone has a couple spare, or know where I can get a
> couple el-cheapo do they? I seem to have foolishly thrown mine away.

If I understand correctly what you are talking about I have one on my
desk, I might be able to find another if I have a scavenge but no
promises.

However considering my "standard rate" (plus the usual Popey surcharge)
for providing such things it will probably be cheaper to buy new disks :)

Andy
P.S. The one on my desk is Samsung branded as we stopped buying Seagate
drives some time ago.