Re: [Hampshire] Friday comic...

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Friday comic...

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x5802d100.hantslug.org.uk.30618': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Fri Aug 7 10:07:05 2009 BST
gpg: using DSA key 20ACB3BE515C238D
On Fri, Aug 07, 2009 at 09:47:23AM +0100, Victor Churchill wrote:
> 2009/8/7 Alan Blanchflower <alan@???>:
> > Or even three.
> >
> > http://xkcd.com/214/
>
> ... which serves to illustrate that there are at most six degrees of
> separation between any two conceptual entities in a semantic database.
> (I just made that up, but it is an interesting thought... then again
> the I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue crew would probably find a direct link
> between wet t-shirts and absolutely anything at all.)

However, it's probably true. Most of the OWL graphs I've dealt with
have been very dense. Also far denser after you've run them through a
reasoner. :)

Hugo.

       --- A cross? Oy vey, have you picked the wrong vampire! ---