Re: [Hampshire] Ultimate Linux Media PC?

Author: Alan Pope
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ultimate Linux Media PC?
2009/8/6 pavithran <pavithran.s@???>:
> Uncertainty : yeah I am afraid if my tv tuner or graphic card gets
> detected  in linux

There is this thing called Google. It has a list of supported devices.

> Doubt : should I recompile my kernel ?

I haven't compiled a kernel _at_ _all_ for 4 years. I did plenty
before that, but haven't needed to since. I switched to Ubuntu 4 years
ago. Wonder if these things are related somehow.

> Yes MythTV is a great step . You guys are doing a great job releasing
> packages for ubuntu .
> Could you please clear a "D" of FUD ie Doubt : " Why can't I apt-get
> install mythtv  on debian sid? "

You can. If you add this repo:-

http://debian-multimedia.org/

That took 30 seconds and google.