Re: [Hampshire] Linux Training

Author: Philip Stubbs
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Linux Training
2009/8/6 Ally Biggs <bluechrome@???>:
> Hello All
>
> Do any of you guys offer any 1 to 1 Linux training? I am from the
> Southampton Area and am looking to learn some stuff from the gurus.
>
> Areas of interest I am keen to learn about are
>
> Samba
> LDAP
> Setting up and configuring a server using Webmin or Ebox.
> Setting up and configuring CUPS
> Setting up a mail server including, Spam filter, Firewall
> Linux and Windows networking i.e domain controllers
>
> Of course I will be willing to pay, I have been dead keen to attend the
> Hants Lug meets aswell but have been a bit reluctant because of my lack of
> knowledge regarding Linux.

Get to the next meeting! You don't need knowledge. If you are
enthusiastic and keen, get to a meeting. If you take along a machine
with you, I am sure that there will be plenty of people who are
willing to help setting up and configuring stuff with you.

Also, you will probably be able to see what others are doing. I
remember learning about tab completion by looking over the shoulder of
someone at a meeting.

--
Philip Stubbs