Re: [Hampshire] Hantslug gallery update

Author: pavithran
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Hantslug gallery update
2009/8/1 Alan Pope <alan@???>:

> Did you miss my mail?
>
> http://hantslug.org.uk/lurker/message/20090731.093125.4d0316d0.en.html

Ahh I did miss it . By the way nice reply :)

<Quote>
* URLs to photos changing in the upgrade, breaking search engine fu,
and any inbound links from elsewhere.
* Increased load on the server as the new version of gallery
introduces cpu-intensive photo scaling features.
</quote>
Here is an interesting post at gallery site asking G1 users for feedback.
http://gallery.menalto.com/future_of_gallery_1

Yes gallery 1 to 2 updater when I tried was a broken hence I tried
backing up and re-importing

Here is a detailed guide for migration :
http://codex.gallery2.org/Gallery2:migration

Yes it will definitely increase load on servers with lot of new
features . I think until the server is upgraded its best to stick to
gallery1 but upgrade gallery to 1.6 ( the stable release of gallery1)

Regards,
Pavithran

--
pavithran sakamuri