Re: [Hampshire] Hantslug gallery update

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Hantslug gallery update

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x56bd2100.hantslug.org.uk.16247': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Thu Jul 30 11:22:34 2009 BST
gpg: using DSA key 20ACB3BE515C238D
On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 01:38:13AM +0100, pavithran wrote:
> The pictures at http://hants.lug.org.uk/gallery/ are really good but
> the gallery software looks too old :(
>
> Here are my requests:
> 1. Please update the gallery software

Without meaning to come across as a miserable curmudgeon(*), what
would newer software gain, other than a fleeting warm fuzzy feeling of
running something up to date, and an indefinable odour of undiscovered
security flaws?

> 2 . Use some candy template ( but usable)

I'd rather do without. The primary function of the gallery is to
show the pictures that people have taken, not to surround them with
distracting fripperies.

> 3. Upload more recent pics

Take more recent pics, then? :)

> Having said all that I am very happy to see old pics of bring a box meets :)
> The 2003 southampton university pics had description of people in the
> pic while recent albums like 2007 haven't had any such information .

Then go ahead and add them...

> old is gold and we need to preserve it :D

Why not apply that yardstick to the gallery software?

Hugo.

(*) Oh, no, wait... I *am* a miserable curmudgeon. Never mind.

  --- I hate housework. You make the beds, you wash the dishes, and ---
           six months later you have to start all over again.