Re: [Hampshire] Cardbus USB 2 cards

Author: trotter
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Cardbus USB 2 cards
At 16:39 05/12/2008, you wrote:

>2008/12/5 Paul Stimpson
><<mailto:paul@stimpsonfamily.co.uk>paul@???>
>Hi,
>
>I've seen cards similar that have a socket for
>an external PSU to power the devices. Have you seen any like this?
>
>I would ask the manufacturer is it does have a
>current limiter as a blown voltage regulator is very bad news.
>
>Cheers,
>Paul.
>
>Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

I was thinking of going this route myself for my thinkpad x30 but cant find
a ADS tech card on ebay.

The cards i have come across also dont come with a power adaptor the
best i have seen is a usb1 to slot power adaptor.

Would this be a good one to get or do the psu ones exist still?

This is one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/32Bit-PCMCIA-USB-2-0-4-Port-HUB-Cardbus-FOR-Laptop-UK_W0QQitemZ110418398332QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Computing_LaptopAccessories_PCMCIACards?hash=item19b5730c7c&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A10%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

or http://tinyurl.com/navwfm

Martin N

Owner of the bwfc yahoogroup and Co-Moderator
of MiniDisc and amithlonopen yahoo groups.