Re: [Hampshire] LiveCD distro reputation good device detecti…

Author: trotter
To: lug, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] LiveCD distro reputation good device detection
At 18:45 21/07/2009, you wrote:
>trotter wrote:
>
> > I was thinking if someone could suggest a LiveCD distribution
> that has a good
> > reputation for a wide range of device detection.
>
>Generally speaking the more modern the distribution the better compatibility
>it is likely to provide. Also more likely to provide better fail feedback.

okay

>If the main purpose is to see where the kernel catches you don't need much
>more than a small distro.

Its more a case of when it boots up I can add to the weight of evidence that
says that some hardware component has died.

>I would consider making your own. I was recently asked to use Debian to build
>a live CD for software demonstration purposes and found this manual helpful
>http://live.debian.net/manual/html/
>
>live-helper and corresponding GUI tool are simple to use...
>
>...and for software testing, equally as simple, Fedora's livecd-creator and
>corresponding documentation
>http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraLiveCD/LiveCDHowTo is here.
>
>Just a thought, Damian

I don't really have the time to role my own at the moment but thanks
for the suggestion.

Martin N

Owner of the bwfc yahoogroup and Co-Moderator of MiniDisc and
amithlonopen yahoo groups.