Re: [Hampshire] Any MySQL tuning experts out there?

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Any MySQL tuning experts out there?

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x5679c100.hantslug.org.uk.7991': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Tue Jul 21 20:22:48 2009 BST
gpg: using DSA key 2099B64CBF15490B
Hi Jack,

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 11:06:57AM +0100, Jack Knight wrote:
> I have a capacity problem with a live webserver, is there anyone
> available to provide short term and short notice consulting to remedy?

If you're offering real money then it's worth posting to linuxjobs:

I'm not an expert, but there's often more mileage in fixing your app
than your database, and often more mileage in making your app not
use a database wherever possible. So memcache to cache everything
possible in memory, for example.

http://wiki.mysqltuner.com/MySQLTuner can pick up some obvious
configuration mistakes.

Turning on slow query logging can help you find stupid queries and
the times you forgot to set up an index.

Cheers,
Andy

"Xandros's low-level support for the Eee mostly seemed to consist of a pile of
shell scripts made of cheese and failure." -- Matthew Garrett