[Hampshire] Linkedin was Re: Microsoft beats Google to be na…

Author: Stephen Davies
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Linkedin was Re: Microsoft beats Google to be named UK's best,
I saw the reference in the previous thread to the fact that it is

"almose de-regeur that you had a Linkedin profile"

I had one for a short while but after seeing the details of who I was
linked to, I soon deleted it.
It was not because I didn't want to be linked with these people but it
was purely for security.

In my opinon, the sort of data that is used by LinkedIn presents a great
opportunity for Identity Theft. As someone who has had their identity
stolen (ok, it was 1973) I am aware of the risks. This is also the
reason I don't use any social networking sites such as Facebook etc.

Do any LUG Memger have similar reservations about sires like LinkedIn or
am I being overly paranoid?

Stephen D