Re: [Hampshire] Firefox ongoing bother: is it me?

Author: Dr A. J. Trickett
To: Victor Churchill
CC: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Firefox ongoing bother: is it me?
On Wednesday 15 Jul 2009, Victor Churchill wrote:
> 2009/7/15 Dr A. J. Trickett <adam.trickett@???>:
> > It seems a lot of extensions, but it should be okay.
>
> I have heard of folks using hundreds (almost literally) - I though
> mine was a fairly minimal set!

I can't imagine that hundreds of them is such a good idea...

> > I do tend to run with FireBug switched off though these days. It's great
> > when you need it, but I don't need it all the time.
>
> In fact, I have turned FireBug off now as I have never actually used
> it in anger. It seemed like a good idea at the time (having heard
> recommendations here for it); but in practice I've found WebDeveloper
> normally does what I require.

FireBug and WebDeveloper are both great but are subtly different in their use.
FireBug is for fixing things that don't work or exploring a page. WebDeveloper
is much more useful when you are building your own pages. I have both and do
use both, but in different ways. I am the first to admit that there is overlap
and I think more overlap over time as they both grow.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

A man is known by the books he reads.