Re: [Hampshire] Firefox ongoing bother: is it me?

Author: Alan Pope
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Firefox ongoing bother: is it me?
2009/7/15 Victor Churchill <victorchurchill@???>:
> 2009/7/15 Stuart Matheson <stuart.j.matheson@???>:
>> Any chance you can upgrade to 3.5? They've improved the memory handling
>> quite a lot.
>
> I think I probably should. I had been intending to leave it until I
> upgraded the whole system (and never quite got round to installing
> 9.04 on this box) so I might just do that.

Firefox 3.5 is available in the Universe repository for 9.04, but not
for 8.10, so if you did upgrade to 9.04 you'd easily be able to
install FF 3.5. Note however that in 9.04 it's branded as the
development code name Shiretoko, so that you can have both Firefox 3.0
and 3.5 side by side without confusion. Of course when Ubuntu 9.10
releases Firefox 3.5 will become the browser of choice so it will have
the proper branding.

You can clearly grab firefox direct from mozilla, but some people
prefer to get their stuff from repositories.

Cheers,
Al.