[Hampshire] Attention photographers, artists..

Author: Alan Pope
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List, General Linux/Unix community List
Subject: [Hampshire] Attention photographers, artists..
Hi,

I just wanted to let you guys & gals know about two things:-

Ubuntu Free Culture Showcase. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuFreeCultureShowcase

"The Ubuntu Free Culture Showcase is an opportunity to show off high
quality free culture content in Ubuntu. At the heart of Ubuntu's ethos
is a belief in showcasing free software and free culture, and with
each development cycle we open the opportunity for any Free Culture
artist to put their work in front of millions of Ubuntu users around
the world. Although the space restrictions are tight, and we are
limited to how much content we can include, this is an excellent
opportunity for artists everywhere."

Basically you can upload a picture / photo to that page and add it to
the list which will enter it to a competition where the winner will
have their content on every Ubuntu 9.10 CD and ISO image. 9.10 is due
for release in September this year. The competition closes on 16th
July 2009.

Secondly https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-art/2009-July/011024.html

"As most of you know, we are looking for beautiful images to include
in Karmic, giving our users more choice in the desktop wallpaper.

We set up https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Karmic/Backgrounds
and https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Documentation/Backgrounds and
although we have had contributions I think we could scale this up a
bit.

In order to encourage new contributors and generally get the ball
rolling I have updated the flickr group. Check out
http://www.flickr.com/groups/ubuntu-artwork and tell your friends and
family about it! Blog it, twitter it, scream it from a roof top - do
what you need to get the word out!"

Of course both are open to Ubuntu users and non-Ubuntu users alike.

Cheers,
Al.