Re: [Hampshire] Password problem on first boot up of Acer As…

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Password problem on first boot up of Acer Aspire One
Lisi wrote:
> On Friday 10 July 2009 17:32:41 Sean Gibbins wrote:
>
>> So are you locked out or simply bewildered as to what constitutes an
>> acceptable character Lisi?
>>

> Simply bewildered as to what constitutes an acceptable character. I haven't
> been allowed to get as far as being locked out. I am stuck on "please enter
> a password" - but I don't understand the error message. As far as I am
> concerned, all 11 are specific characters, because no other character would
> do.
>
> So I cannot get any further. There is no point in thinking up a different
> password, because since I haven't got a clue what the problem is I would
> probably transgress again. :-(
>
> If no-one else knows what it means either, I shall obviously have use trial
> and error. But I am a poor typist and that would take ages.
>
> Sorry for the noise, :-(

No problem regarding the 'noise' Lisi, I was just wondering what the
extent of the problem was.

I tend to use a combination of upper and lower case alphanumeric
characters plus the odd non-alphanumeric characters for my passwords.
Could it be the latter that is tripping you up?

There might be something of use buried here:

http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/index.php

But I am struggling to find a search function!

Sean

--
www.funkygibbins.me.uk