Re: [Hampshire] Not broke, but 'fixed' anyway

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Not broke, but 'fixed' anyway
On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 10:55:54 +0100
"Chris. Aubrey-Smith" <cas194@???> wrote:

> I use CUPS to manage a network printer, but I tend to turn on just
> those bits of the network that I need rather than consuming
> electricity pointlessly. So, if I don't plan to use the printer then
> I don't climb up to another room in the house to switch it on.

We too have a network printer (Kyocera FS-1100) but have to leave it
permanently on, well at least as long as my wife's XP system is on
which in practice is 24x7, because Family Tree Maker refuses to
allow updates unless a printer is connected.

I haven't seen any CUPS errors such as you mention

--
John Lewis
using Debian Sid with windowmaker for a nicer desktop