Re: [Hampshire] PC powers itself off after grub.. any ideas?

Author: Stephen Rowles
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] PC powers itself off after grub.. any ideas?
> Right...
>
> Well it wasn't the power supply. Nice shiney new PSU with more power than
> the old one, and it is still behaving the same.

Just to update, must have been a memory / cpu / motherboard issue of some
description. I decided the simplest plan was to replace those parts (went
Intel rather than AMD this time, dual core celeron and DDR2 motherboard).

Machine now boots and works fine. Don't feel like working out what was
wrong, I'm guessing the voltage regulation on the motherboard was failing
once I had a number of peripherals drawing power from USB, but I don't
have a spare CPU or time to try and figure out what fails ;)

Machine now back, configuring new hardware was a little interesting
(especially getting ethernet working again) but all sorted now - yay!