Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] July Meeting

Author: Lisi
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] July Meeting
On Monday 29 June 2009 23:47:15 john wrote:
> I have looked at what jamies sell.  Myself I find the computers they sell
> overpriced.  If I find this how many others find this?
>
> A number of people who wanted to get rid of old computers have been told
> that they must pay Jamies for the privilege of taking the computer of their
> hands. The computers ended up being dumped in a landfill instead.
>
> Obviously I am not up to date with what Jamies are doing now.
>
> If people do not buy stuff at Jamies how does it effect the cost of meeting
> there.

Their bits and bobs are very useful. Old cards, keyboards, cables etc. And I
have bought a printer there. Many of us buy there whenever we want something
a bit "dated". I have always been very satisfied with what I have bought
from Jamie's; but I have never in fact bought a computer from them. They are
meeting a demand, even if it is not your demand.

I doubt that it will be a condition of entry that every individual buy
something, and I for one am happy to buy some bits and bobs to replenish my
stock. I might even be lucky and find a Microsoft Intellimouse.

Lisi