Re: [Hampshire] OOo 3.1 supports anti-aliasing

Author: Tim
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] OOo 3.1 supports anti-aliasing
On Sunday 14 June 2009 15:15:46 Stephen Nelson-Smith wrote:
<snip>

> > And you use Windows?
>
> No. I use Linux, OSX and Solaris. But the mention of Windows is
> interesting. Many people claim that Windows is, for them, an adequate
> solution. Many of us would suggest that Windows is crap - for the
> same reasons that I feel OpenOffice is crap.
>
> S.

But just because a piece of software crashes, is it any cause to call it crap,
under developed, not suitable for main stream operation maybe but not crap.

You also say you give time and money to open source projects, are they slow to
start, do they crash when used, if so can I then call the project you to
contribute to crap?? or should I say it still requires further development??

I see Open Office like much of the software in Linux, still under going a
development cycle, full of bugs but full of potential.

Maybe a better choice of words should have been used.

Tim