Re: [Hampshire] OOo 3.1 supports anti-aliasing

Author: Phillip Chandler
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] OOo 3.1 supports anti-aliasing

> I have never used M$Office but my wife has Office2000 and it causes her
> no end of grief because it won't 'allow' her to do things the way she
> wants but has a will of its own. She would have preferred to go on using
> WordPerfect which like me she had got used to using at work back in the
> days when it was _the_ word processor of choice for many businesses and
> Word was just a "johnny come lately"

I started reading your post, and was rather impress with what you had to say,
up to the point where you had to use "M$Office" rather than plain old "MSoffice".

Whether you like or hate MS, I firmly believe that they have helped get
computers get where they are today. Their OS was always advertised as
being for the masses, and that means so dumbed down that even a monkey
can use it.

I also believe that they are their own worst enemy, in the sense that as
so many people use MS products, then the hackers are going to invest in
finding hacks for MS, to make a fast profit and run.

Hackers wont invest time and money in linux desktop OS's for two
reasons, A) Amount of users they can target, and B) Money they could
gain.

Im one of those who uses MS for work, and Linux for home. I try and
refrain from using terms like Microshaft or M$Soft, because if I really
wanted to use them, then Id be a 15 yr old Ubuntu user just using linux
for bragging rights, and to show off to my mates every 6 months, at the
latest beta release from canonical. Id be installing every release and
not actually using my machine productively.

Sod it, I need a coffee and a smoke, as Im getting outta my tree here.
:-))