[Hampshire] Legal DVD ripping

Author: Rob Malpass
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Legal DVD ripping
Hi all

I'm trying to rip some DVDs I've burned myself so no worries about legality or indeed copy protection but having all sorts of trouble.

All the googling I've done suggests k3b is best (on Hardy 64-bit). Trouble is - k3b just doesn't respond to the rip video dvd option. More googling turns up I actually need to recompile the darn thing from scratch with the right libraries installed. I've no wish to try this - would probably lead to all sorts of other problems in my experience - I hate compiling huge projects from source - 99% failure rate IMHO.

So is there another simple dvd ripper out there? All I want is if I have a disk with 4 titles, I want 4 avis / mpgs or whatever in a folder.

Cheers
Rob