Re: [Hampshire] O.T.- W/XP..... Help!

Author: alan c
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] O.T.- W/XP..... Help!
Chris. Aubrey-Smith wrote:
> I haven't used W*nd*ws for years, but I'm obliged to set up a machine for a
> friend who steadfastly refuses to use anything else.

I have learned to say that I now do not know that much about Windows,
because I have not used it now for years.

I found that Windows problems took absolutely ages to sort out and I
really was spending too much time in my life helping perpetuate a
system I believe was counterproductive for users. If I did not want to
waste my time for my own benefit then I do not want to spend time for
somebody else's benefit.

If you decide to help with the problem now, your time will be repaid
with future commitment for similar attention.
--
alan cocks
Ubuntu user